Monday, August 30

Highlights

With August nearly over and Fall just around the corner, my first instinct is to wonder where summer went. Then I realize, that despite not completely ticking everything off my "to-do" list, I sure made a big dent. Maybe this is why I have blogged only once in the past 3 months.  

This summer has been kind of a monumental one for me in many different ways, I did a lot, I learned a lot, I laughed a lot, I worked a lot, and I had a lot of fun. That's a lot of lots, but lets face it, lots has happened. 

First of all, I survived summer school got my degree in Communications from UVU. Huzzah! Now back to school to study music.
(if you have a kazoo, blow into it now and wave your arms in the air for me)

Secondly, I moved into a giant house with two of the greatest girls I know.
'

I got a second job as a gymnastics coach, and I absolutely love it. Brings back so many memories of my former passion. So now I work two jobs and go to school full time.  I love being busy!

One of the Summer Highlights was our house party/benefit concert, where CAMERON RAFATI came and played. He is incredible! 
{Check out and support his music! You will love it!}

For the first time ever, I played a few of my original songs for an audience.  I went on right before Cameron,  so when he is big, I can say " I Opened for Cameron Rafati!"
 
Not only did I get to open for Cameron, but I got to play a song with Cameron... 

{this picture provides you with a rare look into one of the best moments of my life}

Something Corporate came into town for their reunion show, and Lindsey and I waited in line for 7 hours to be in the front row! 
It was awesome to see one of my favorite bands, & musical idol Andrew McMahon so close! I even walked away with the lead guitarist's pick. I am one incredibly lucky girl!

   
{we brought white boards and wrote messages to the band}
So Andrew is pointing right at us. That's right. US.


Camping and Four Wheeling with my friends and my brother topped off our last weekend of Summer. It was fantastic!

If there is one thing I learned the past few months it's this:
good things fall apart 
so better things can fall 
together.

I know that in the moment, when things are going wrong, you can't always see how it's going to turn out. 
But keep smiling, because they do.
They do.
so bring on Fall. 
I'm ready.

4 comments:

skousenmom said...

You're so amazing Nicole! No wonder we haven't been hanging out! Course, some of that would be awkward with you mom! So glad you got to do so much and make the most of your summer. Love ya!

Stephanie said...

The only thing missing from my summer is that I didn't get to see you... but we can still make it happen! I love you cole!

Grammy Staffy said...

Wow...what a summer. Congrats on graduating. I have my kazoo out and I am waving my arms like crazy. It sounds like you have had a great summer. I wish that I could have heard you sing. I hope that fall is as eventful and full of good things as your summer was.
Hugs, Grammy L

Falaxy said...

summer is great but there is something about fall which is cozy and special... hope you have a great fall!