Sunday, March 14

Older & Wiser

Dear Sir Elton John,
          You got it wrong.
            Sorry isn't the hardest word.
                    Goodbye is.

         Your Most Loyal Fan,
              Nicole
{confused? See here}

Brady Wiser and I have been friends on this green earth 
since February 20, 1988 {his birthday} 

...back to when pooping your pants was the cool thing to do 
(and boy were we cool)
{here we are at lake michigan, age 3}

Brady came to visit this past week, and he spent 35 long hours on a train just to get here.  

loved it when we: went dancing & saw movies
played basketball against 14 year old girls (and lost.)
went to a party & out for pizza
Played pool & ate mexican food at midnight
stayed up too late playing apples to apples

didn't love it when we had to say goodbye.
Brady joined the army and signed on for 3 and a half years, and today he goes into boot camp.  I'm going to miss him, but I'm grateful that he's chosen to serve our country. 
Godspeed my friend, until we meet again.

5 comments:

Marie said...

What a great friend Brady sounds Nic!! Handsome too. I am betting he will look even handsomer in his new uniform! My baby boy (bruce age 21 1/2) just finished his bootcamp experience. He's now doing his trades training. I am so proud of these young men and women who so diligently serve their countries! I'm adding Brady to my prayer list! Thanks so much Nichole, for your very kind words on my blog. They mean the world to me! Know always that you have a place to stay in Chester if you ever make it up our way! xxoo

Daniel & Amie said...

I love your writing Nicole. Please blog more! I miss you.

Dona said...

Older and Wiser. I just got it. Very clever. You are the queen of the puns. Thanks for coming last night. I'm sorry I cut you off in the train game. I have felt quilty about it all day. If I had won I wouldn't feel so bad but, you know.

Sam said...

Umm...you are basically awesome and so artistic! I am jealous of your talents...but so glad I've got a cousin who is so talented. :)
Catch-22 (which I love by the way)--I'm on board with you.
Much love and cheers cuz!

skousenmom said...

I am obviously a little slow in realizing you started your blog up again, but I am so excited! I love reading your blog. You are so creative and I love your wit! Awesome as always! Mom