Friday, February 26

Fail.

Today is Friday, and it's a good thing. 
{cause this is me}
Have you ever noticed that sometimes you don't have to put forth a lot of effort to do well.  Sometimes (and I'd like to believe it's most of the time) accomplishment is the result of hard work.  And then, there are those occasions, even when you try your very best, you  fail.
{That's the one I hate}
Today, was a fail day for me.  But Tommy buoys me up a little with his words:
“There are no failures - just experiences and your reactions to them.”
                               Tom Kraus

SO I'M FOCUSING ON THE GOOD THINGS:
~Imported English cheddar cheese. {thanks mom}
~The Elton John Billy Joel concert on youtube.{cause I missed it live}
~Smiling at strangers {and getting smiles back}
~Just discovered Mint.com {it keeps my pennies balanced}
~Warm Laundry {and enough spare change to get it done}


And when missionary brother sends pictures.
He said that he was so excited not only to see grass, but to find some that he could actually lay on.  

Gratitude is riches. 
Complaint is poverty.
Failure is not falling down
but refusing to get back up. 
 And I guess at the end of the day, at least I have grass
{even though someone else's might look greener}


This week is going to call for some more intense studying I think.

4 comments:

Daniel & Amie said...

I agree with you 100%. Keep trying Nicole! I'm with you on the studying. I just took a test today where I actually felt that I had done everything I could...and I didn't do very well. It's rough when that happens, but I did my best. That's all anyone can ask for. We need to hang out soon!

Dona said...

I am giving you an A+ in blogging. You are as clever as ever. Tests are temporary, blogging is forever. Keep up the good work my friend!

睡衣 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tiffany said...

Nicole, I just love you lots! Thanks for the good quotes and being happy! I hope you have a great week to follow this not so great one :)