Sunday, January 18

Photoshoot!

As anybody who has previously read my blog would know, one of my greatest loves in life is the taking of photographs. I love to take pictures of anything and everything, but especially people. Recently I was able to take Jared's pre-mission pictures, and they turend out so well, I was asked to do Joe's mission pictures too! I really enjoy doing this, and I didn't know how much I would like doing it in more of a "studio" (if you can call it that!) setting. See, A couple months ago I buckled down and sprung for a small studio set which included both a black and white background, a hanger, and two umbrella lights. Not too shabby, and with a decent camera, I think the pictures turned out quite well! I am pretty excited with the result. The first two are the pictures both boys chose for their plaques, and the last one is just a photo that I thought turned out nice from the shoot.



Both boys are now off and in the Missionary Training Center, and I wish them both the best of luck, they are going to be great.

6 comments:

Amie said...

Nicole! That is so awesome that you were able to take their pictures! I love the mini studio set. ;) Good work.

Marie said...

Nicole, I think the pics are fab! Well done you!! I have always loved your photos. I have a little mini photo studio set for taking food photos, but mostly just use the lamps! Miss you! Love you!!

Grammy Staffy said...

My Lynell is a photographer too. She started out much like you... Now she does amazing work. She did not get that talent from me. I rarely take a good photo. I am always shaking the camera and making the picture blurry.

Keep up the good work.
I am so excited to meet Marie. Will I get to meet you too? I hope so. She has said such wonderful things about you... I would love to meet you.... in real life that is.

Have a great day. Hugs, Lura

Amy and Ella said...

way for photoshoots. i cant wait for ours!! those pics look awesome!

krista said...

Wahoo! YAY! for photoshoots!

skousenmom said...

I'm so glad you have a blog so you can share your talents. We as your family know how amazing you are, but now everyone else gets to see too! Thanks for doing such a great job for your brother and "adopted" brother Joe. Love you! Mom