Sunday, October 14

One Rockin Weekend!

As some of my loyal bleeders know, this weekend held particular excitement for me because of the trip to a few local attractions. Saturday morning I woke up bright and early at 5:45 to get ready for the long day ahead. The trip was through the BUNAC office, so there were a lot of kids around my age going. I was a bit nervous because I didn't know a soul, but I quickly introduced myself to a friendly group of BUNACers and boarded the coach with them. After nearly 3 hours of driving we finally arrived, and I looked out the window in hopes of getting my first glimpse of the stone wonder and the only thing I saw was...cows. Then I turned and looked around a bit more and spotted something else...sheep. I simply couldn't see the stones anywhere, I felt like I was in Idaho. I guess it's no mystery that I did finally find Stonehenge, and I had a wonderful time! Everyone kept telling me how "disappointing" it was and "anti-climatic", but I thought it was super cool! I listened intently to my audio guide and really took time to take in the whole scene, so it was rather enjoyable.

This is Me and my new friend Andie, we stuck together the entire trip!

You can only stay staring at a bunch of humongous rocks for so long, so an hour later we were back in the bus headed off to the beautiful city of Bath.

Now Bath is something like I have never seen before, I would call it the Florence of England-- it is that amazing! It's beautifully picturesque, and just altogether wonderful. Since Bath is a rather hilly place set down in a valley, when I first saw it over a ledge through a clearing of trees I was awestruck. Seriously, I am pretty sure my mouth flew wide open and maybe a little bit of drool creeped out. Bath gets it's name from the ancient Roman Bath's that were uncovered there, along with Britain's only natural hot spring.
Here is me at the Sacred Spring with one of the original ancient Romans that bathed there thousands of years ago. I know I know, I am so cool.
This is me dipping my hand in the spring. Only moments after this picture was taken I dropped my camera case into the water, I fished it out causing only a little stir- and once I saw that a couple people were looking at me I made motions like I was going to jump in the water completely. One lady grabbed her chest as she stared wide-eyed at my display and looked it me with one of those 'I can't believe you just did that' looks. it was pretty dang funny.
View from the Park in Bath

Needless to say, we all spent the entire bus ride home snoozing- and it is a dang good thing I got a good nap in because my night was faaaar from over. Once I returned I went to the village party! A couple weeks ago I made the flyer's for the party, (and may I add that it was quite rewarding to see the posters I designed blown up to huge sizes and posted all over the village and handed out to every house) I was a bit late- but just in time to catch the end of the England Rugby game in the semi finals... which we won! The town hall was packed with people, drinks, and fun.

After we won the game Mr. DJ kicked on the tunes, and Gemma and I started the dancing. For the second time today, I had nearly every pair of eyes in the room on me-something I am not entirely used to, but despite that- I kept shakin' it like there was no tomorrow. Eventually everyone started dancing and Gemma and I made a smooth exit.
On to scene two. Gemma really likes my "chipmunk" voice, and those of you who have been...umm...fortunate enough to hear it know what I am talking about. She really wanted me to do the voice for the audience of anxious children she had acquired. May I also note that she had convinced all of them that I was incapable of speaking normal, and that chipmunk was my everyday voice. So-for the third time that day, I had all eyes on me. I stood up on the top of the climbing frame and made a speech, then continued on to sing 'You are my Sunshine' for the group. Bowing to the applause of 12 awe-struck children I climbed down and quickly ducked inside.

Since that little performance of mine for the children I was constantly being followed and asked to sing- so I decided I should call it a night and head home to my bed. What a fun day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole,

Hopefully you won't get this thirty times I am trying to find out how to use this. I love all your pictures. It sounds like you had a great weekend and it looks like you had a great time. Are the baths no longer used? Are they only for looking at? Stonehedge was amazing, I am glad you where able to travel with people your age. Well, got to run. Love Martha

Amie said...

May I just say how awesome you are? Really, I wish I was a little more daring like you! I wish I could have seen the face of that lady when you acted like you were going to jump in! So this is what you've been up to - Jumping in baths and singing to children in your chipmunk voice. No wonder you are having so much fun! Love you Cole!

sue said...

you are one crazy fun girl! the tour de england sounded great. I am so excited for all your trips you have in store as well. I wish you could of nonchalantly taken interior photos of the $$$ house on the Thames. :-)

I hate it everytime I miss your calls! how about you tell me when I good time to call you is. Maybe that might work better? I love and miss you and can't wait to chat soon!

Nicole's Mum said...

I hope you know that everywhere you go, I am sitting on your shoulder enjoying the view! Hope that doesn't depress you! Ha Ha! Just love living vicariously through my daughter---Love you and so glad you are having so many great experiences! Love you! Mom

colie-o said...

No the bath's are no longer in use, they are just for looking (and sticking your hand in). There really wasn't anybody around so I was insanely tempted to just jump in because, really, how many people have been able to do that? I would have made it look like an accident of course... hmmm... oh well, maybe next time!

Sam said...

You are so cute!!!! I love you to death and I miss you lots! I'm so thrilled that you went to Stonehenge and Baths because now we can talk about how cool they are, eh? Anyway, I love ya cuz! Keep up with the blogging!

Marie said...

Nicole, can you believe that I have been here seven years and have NEVER been to Stonehenge yet or Bath!!!! Neither can I. I must rectify that and soon!!! Looks like you had a fabulous time. I loved the pictures and your narrative. Just like everyone else says, you ARE cool and cute and fun to know!